Love is in the air! So is uncertainty. Especially if you have a new face frequenting your dreams recently, you could be worried about a lot of things going wrong. Can dating online lead to love – you find yourself thinking. Only if you get a few basics right. The prime importance goes to – you guessed it – the first date.
So what gift do you bring to the first date? Well, how what not to bring…
- Anything explicitly sexual: Thinking of gifting the special person a set of adult toys for future reference? Or even a bunch of condoms just for the laughs of it. She/he will take it all in good fun right?
Or if you read your partner incorrectly, you will have the worst, awkward date and then get shunned for life.
- Anything boasting animal cruelty: People can be really sensitive about what goes into making a product. A mink coat costing you a fortune might seem to you like the perfect gift that will get you to second base, you may horrify your date into never speaking to you ever again.
- A ring: It sounds so obvious, you are probably scoffing aloud. But believe us it happens way too often than not. Gifting a ring on the first date is the fastest way to blockville.
- A knife/gun: You know what people love – not! Someone you barely know showing up with a potentially dangerous weapon. It not only is one of the worst gifts, but brings in a lot of question about you. Believe me, no one is dying to get inside the bedroom of a person carrying weapons willy nilly.
- A puppy/kitten: No, you just did not just think of the cutest gift of all time. Pets are a bundle of responsibility and hard work. No matter how much you love them, there’s no way of knowing you won’t get rejected and shunted.